Adrienne joined Sotos after developing her career at a national law firm, where she had risen to the level of most senior associate. At Sotos she provides expert legal and strategic advice to franchise businesses in the hotel, restaurant and grocery sectors. Her practice focuses on all areas of commercial litigation with an emphasis on franchise litigation and class actions. With her considerable experience before the courts, mediators and arbitral tribunals, and her deep understanding of the unique legal framework affecting businesses in these industries, Adrienne is able to help shape and execute best strategies for dispute resolution. She has appeared before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Ontario Court of Appeal, British Columbia Court of Appeal and the Federal Court of Canada. As a strong believer in better access to justice, Adrienne is responsible for the pro bono program at Sotos further to her experience with the Pro Bono Law Ontario program at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.
Adrienne Boudreau is also a member of our class action practice.
LLB (cum laude), University of Ottawa, 2008
BA (Hons. with Distinction),Queen’s University, 2003
More About Adrienne Boudreau
- Franchise, Licensing and Distribution Litigation and Arbitration
- Franchisee Association and Group Litigation
- Employment, Insurance, Construction, and General Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Class Actions
- Sector Leader – Hotels
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in Canada (2021)
- Recognized in Best Lawyers Global Business Edition (2020)
- Listed in Canadian Legal LEXPERT Directory – Franchise (2020)
- Named “Legal Eagle” by Franchise Times Magazine (2018 – 2020)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Franchise Association
- International Franchise Association
- Advocates Society
- Member-at-Large, Ontario Bar Association Franchise Law Executive Section (2020-2021)
- Exploring The Intersection Of Privacy Law And Franchise Law, the 19th Annual Oba Franchise Law Conference – Franchising 2020: Franchising During Turbulent Times, November 2020.
- Cyber Risk, The Franchise Voice, Fall 2019 Edition
- Accessible, Proportionate, Timely and Affordable – The Supreme Court of Canada’s Challenge to Bench and Bar in Hryniak v. Mauldin, The Advocate’s Quarterly, Volume 42, November 2013
- It Was Deja Vu All Over Again, The Advocate’s Quarterly, Volume 42, July 2013
I truly love the practice of law, and working with my clients to achieve their litigation goals. In my spare time I enjoy being in the great outdoors, running, and spending time with my husband and family.