Andy started and built his career at Sotos, where he developed a deep understanding of the business and legal issues that occur in commercial disputes, particularly in franchise matters. Regularly acting for franchisors, franchisees, and franchise associations in matters relating to franchise disputes, Andy has represented clients across a wide range of industries, including automotive, foodservice, and other retailers. Andy’s practice has a significant focus on the automotive industry, working on behalf of automotive manufacturers, dealers and other companies in the industry in a wide variety of commercial disputes, including handling proceedings under the National Automobile Dealers Arbitration Program. Andy has acted as counsel in leading franchise law cases and regularly appears before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal, and administrative tribunals.
Andy Seretis is also a member of our class action practice.
LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2008
B.B.A., Schulich School of Business, York University, 2005
More About Andy Seretis
- Franchise, Licensing and Distribution Litigation and Arbitration
- Automotive Manufacturers and Dealer Arbitration (NADAP)
- Franchisor Advisory – Focus on restaurants, automotive, professional services, personal services, and home services
- Trademarks and Intellectual Property Litigation and Arbitration
- General Commercial Litigation
- Competition and Price Fixing Litigation
- Class Actions
- Listed in Best Lawyers in Canada (2020 – 2021)
- Recognized in Best Lawyers Global Business Edition (2019 – 2020)
- Named “Legal Eagle” by Franchise Times Magazine (2020)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Franchise Association
- International Franchise Association
- Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association
- Looking ahead: Succession planning for your dealership, Canadian AutoWorld, January 2020
- Speaker – “Lessons from the Trenches: Class Actions Trials” Ontario Bar Association’s 7th Annual Class Actions Colloquium, December 1, 2015
- Speaker – “Acting Reasonably, Honestly and in Good Faith – Recent Developments at ICSC: International Council of Shopping Centre” Canadian Shopping Centre Law Conference, Toronto, April 2015
I strive to provide our clients with tailored legal counsel that best suits their needs and I take pride in working closely with our clients to achieve the best and quickest outcome for them. When I’m not practising law, I enjoy spending time with my family and playing soccer and golf.