Daniel’s practice focuses on the franchising, licensing and distribution industry. He applies his extensive knowledge of the industry to formulate and implement effective dispute resolution strategies through litigation, mediation, arbitration or negotiations. Daniel joined Sotos in 2016, after advancing as an associate at a leading national firm. He has experience managing an active caseload of complex commercial disputes in a variety of sectors that includes healthcare, hospitality and home services. Daniel has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario, as well as before the Supreme Court of Canada in a case that was significant to the development of Canadian consumer law.
J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2014
B.A., University of Victoria (Distinction), 2011
More About Daniel Hamson
- Franchise, Licensing and Distribution Litigation and Arbitration
- Franchisee Association and Group Litigation
- Employment, Insurance, Construction, and General Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Trademarks and Intellectual Property Litigation and Arbitration
- Telecommunications Litigation
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Franchise Association
- International Franchise Association
- Speaker, “Ten Things to Look for in a Franchisor”, Canadian Franchise Association – Franchise Canada Show, Toronto, ON, October 14, 2018.
Daniel volunteers as duty counsel for Pro Bono Law Ontario and sits on the Board of Regeneration Community Services, a not-for-profit organization that supports people with mental health and addiction challenges. Originally from British Columbia, Daniel moved to Toronto in 2011 to study law. He is an avid traveller, an enthusiastic, albeit novice squash player, and enjoys spending time with friends, family and his dog.