Ryan carries on a commercial practice with a principal focus on franchising. He advises clients on all matters relating to franchise expansion and development, including the preparation of franchise agreements and disclosure documents, partnership and shareholder agreements, entity incorporation, and the merging and acquisition of franchise systems. Ryan’s practice also includes advising on the viability of trademark registration and enforcement of such rights against trademark infringement. Prior to being called to the Bar, Ryan articled and summered with Sotos, during which he was exposed to franchise litigation – an experience that he uses in preparing commercial agreements.
Ryan received his J.D. from Queen’s University, during which he worked as a caseworker for the Queen’s Elder Law Clinic, drafting and executing wills and powers of attorney documents. He also served as a Co-Chair of the Corporate Law Club and Volunteer Editor for the Queen’s Labour and Employment Law Journal.
B.A., University of Western Ontario, 2018
J.D., Queen’s University Faculty of Law, 2021
More About Ryan McCabe
- Franchisor Services – All Sectors with a focus on automotive, grocery, restaurants, and hotels
- Franchisee Services
- Corporate / Commercial, Entity Formation, Shareholder and Partnership Agreements
- Trademarks and Intellectual Property
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Franchise Association
- International Franchise Association
- Canada: Bad Faith And The Importance Of Trademark Registration. Mondaq, 25 July 2022.
I am motivated to build upon my existing knowledge and skillset so that I may earn the trust of my clients to solve their problems and meet their goals. When I’m not working, my favourite hobbies include reading, golfing, and cheering for the Maple Leafs.