Tassia’s practice focuses on providing litigation counsel to businesses in the franchising, licensing and distribution industry with a focus on the restaurant services, home services, hotel services and personal services sectors. Tassia also provides our clients with experienced counsel relating to human resource issues having previously practiced with one of Canada’s leading labour and employment law firms. Prior to starting her legal career, Tassia worked for a decade as a television news producer for a major broadcaster in Canada.
Tassia Poynter is also a member of our class action practice.
J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2015
More About Tassia Poynter
- Franchisor services – All Sectors
- Franchise, Licensing and Distribution Litigation and Arbitration
- Franchisee Association and Group Litigation
- Employment, Insurance, Construction, and General Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Telecommunications Litigation
- Class Actions
- Regulatory Litigation
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Franchise Association
- International Franchise Association
- “Back to the Future“, Foodservice and Hospitality Magazine, June 2020, Page 14.
I am a strategic and persistent lawyer who strives to provide holistic and cost effective advice to clients. As counsel, my goal is to make complex legal problems understandable and resolve issues expeditiously. As a member of the legal profession, I am committed to promoting equality, diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging in the profession. I am personally committed to reconciliation for Indigenous peoples and take responsibility for supporting improved relationships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples in Canada.