Yianni’s practice focuses primarily on providing counsel on real estate, private wealth and succession planning and corporate/commercial matters to franchisors in the restaurant and hotel sectors, and private clients. Yianni acts for purchasers, sellers, lenders, borrowers, landlords and tenants in matters ranging from the buying and selling and financing of real estate to secured transactions to commercial leases, including reviewing, negotiating and drafting leases for commercial and franchised locations. As an advisor to franchise entrepreneurs, Yianni helps clients to navigate franchise disclosure requirements, structure and implement plans related to private wealth and succession planning including wills, powers of attorney, trusts and estate administration. Yianni also advises on corporate/commercial matters involving mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring. Yianni is a director at the Hellenic Canadian Board of Trade and an active member of the Hellenic Canadian Lawyers Association.
LL.B., University of Windsor, 2011
B.B.A. (Honours), Wilfrid Laurier University, 2008
More About Yianni Alexopoulos
- Real Estate and Commercial Leasing
- Private Client – Wealth and Succession Planning (Wills and Estates) and Administration
- Franchisor Services – Focus on hotels and restaurants
- Corporate / Commercial, Mergers and Acquisitions and Finance
Named “Legal Eagle” by Franchise Times Magazine (2020 – 2022)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Franchise Association
- International Franchise Association
- Secretary, Board of Directors, Hellenic Canadian Board of Trade
- Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association
- You are not alone in a default – Third party interests in commercial leases, Canadian Law Conference of The International Council of Shopping Centers, April 2016
SOTOS LLP BLOG January 5, 2022Big Changes to Estate Planning in Ontario Have Arrived
SOTOS LLP BLOG May 19, 2020A Caution for Lenders: Federal Court of Appeal affirms CRA’s super priority for GST/HST Debt
SOTOS LLP BLOG August 31, 2016Franchisor beware: Troublesome lease clauses that can leave your franchisee out in the cold
SOTOS LLP BLOG January 13, 2016A commercial tenant in hopeless default—Now what?
SOTOS LLP BLOG May 20, 2015Releases – What we learned from the Dunkin’ Donuts Decision
SOTOS LLP BLOG April 24, 2015Changes to the Alberta Guarantees Acknowledgement Act
SOTOS LLP BLOG November 21, 2011Krawchuk v. Scherbak et al - Implications for Real Estate Agents and Vendors
Outside of my practice, I enjoy participating and following a wide range of sports, and am an avid traveller to unique and exotic locations. I thoroughly enjoy discussing both topics.