We know automotive franchising and how to get you where you want to go.That’s why we’re Canada’s leading franchise law firm.
Canada’s automotive franchises operate in a complex network that includes the largest global automotive manufacturers, financial services institutions, and a massive supply chain of parts makers – all working together under stringent industry laws.
We know this industry. Our firm has a proud history of representing automotive manufacturers and dealers
in commercial matters and disputes, with an approach that starts with an in-depth understanding of your business.
How can we help you? In so many ways, in virtually every aspect of your business. We have the expertise to support you with:
- Dealer sales and service agreements and franchise disclosure documents
- National Automobile Dealer Arbitration Program proceedings
- Purchase and sale of dealer groups and dealerships
- Sales, financing and data sharing agreements
- Manufacturer and dealer disputes
- Dealer advisory boards
- Real estate purchase or lease
- Direct and online sales practices and promotions
- Floor plan financing
Automotive Sector Leader
- Counsel to automotive manufacturers
- Extensive knowledge of the automotive industry
- Trusted dealer advisor
- Regular contributor to industry publications
As franchise lawyers, we’re focused on helping entrepreneurs develop, grow, and protect their franchised business. We are Canada’s most experienced franchise law firm, with the country’s leading commercial practitioners and litigators.
- Conversion of a successful business to a successful franchise model
- Area development and master franchising
- Tailored drafting of disclosure documents and franchise agreements
- Franchise system mergers, sales and acquisitions
- Expansion and finance strategies, including international expansion
- “Canadianizing” of foreign disclosure documents
- IP and Trademarks
- Real estate transactions, including leases, purchases and sales
- Effective commercial litigation, dispute mediation and resolution, and arbitration
- Related employment law
- Private wealth planning
- Succession planning