Grocery Retailing, Distribution and Manufacturing
The grocery distribution chain operates in a highly complex regulatory environment, with unique business models and agreements. Sotos is here to help you navigate this challenging landscape.
We have a long history of representing grocery manufacturers, distributors and retailers. We understand the industry’s regulations as well as the business needs and competitive challenges faced every day by businesses in this sector.
We’ve got a team of lawyers experienced in grocery retailing, distribution and manufacturing, ready to help you with:
- Risk management in all aspects of operations ranging from human resources to logistics
- Deal negotiations
- Maximizing relationships with industry associations
- Compliance with industry regulations
As franchise lawyers, we’re focused on helping entrepreneurs develop, grow, and protect their franchised business. We are Canada’s most experienced franchise law firm, with the country’s leading commercial practitioners and litigators.
- Conversion of a successful business to a successful franchise model
- Area development and master franchising
- Tailored drafting of disclosure documents and franchise agreements
- Franchise system mergers, sales and acquisitions
- Expansion and finance strategies, including international expansion
- “Canadianizing” of foreign disclosure documents
- IP and Trademarks
- Real estate transactions, including leases, purchases and sales
- Effective commercial litigation, dispute mediation and resolution, and arbitration
- Related employment law
- Private wealth planning
- Succession planning