Home Services Franchising
Home services franchises in Canada operate in an environment that’s vastly different – and in many ways more challenging – than other sectors. Whether you’re a franchisor or franchisee, we’re here to help you thrive.
Whether you offer lawn care, duct cleaning, home restoration or furnace installation and repair – or an umbrella of these services – success in home services franchising starts with choosing the right franchise model. Sotos is here to help you lead your field.
HOME SERVICES EXPERTISE
Drawing on our deep expertise in the home services industry, we offer support and advice on the issues affecting your business including:
- Optimizing your territory-based business model
- Risk management strategies
- Ownership of related home services franchises in overlapping territories
- Best practices and legal compliance in direct marketing
As franchise lawyers, we’re focused on helping entrepreneurs develop, grow, and protect their franchised business. We are Canada’s most experienced franchise law firm, with the country’s leading commercial practitioners and litigators.
- Conversion of a successful business to a successful franchise model
- Area development and master franchising
- Tailored drafting of disclosure documents and franchise agreements
- Franchise system mergers, sales and acquisitions
- Expansion and finance strategies, including international expansion
- “Canadianizing” of foreign disclosure documents
- IP and Trademarks
- Real estate transactions, including leases, purchases and sales
- Effective commercial litigation, dispute mediation and resolution, and arbitration
- Related employment law
- Private wealth planning
- Succession planning